The Great Nerd Debate
Vigilante Gaming Bar is proud to introduce: The Great Nerd Debate.
Prove your mettle as Vigilante pits you and your friends against other teams of fellow nerds: face off as you varaciously defend your viewpoint on critical aspects of fandom, like:
- Who would win in a duel, McGonagall or Snape?
- Who was the worse father, Darth Vader or Han Solo?
- In Captain America: Civil War, who was actually right: Captain America, or Iron Man?
- Is the Kobayashi Maru a sound educational tool?
How does the competition work? Simple:
- Vigilante hosts a themed Debate Night (eg. Harry Potter night, or Star Wars, etc.)
- Up to six teams of four sign up the night of the event
- We pull two teams out of a hat at a time
- We separate them into our enclaves
- Each team gets posited the same question
- We flip a coin to determine who must defend which side
- Each team has five minutes to prepare argumentation
- Each team then gets two minutes to present their argumentation
- The audience votes on whose argumentation they appreciate the most.
The competition is a single elimination bracketed tournament.
The winning team receives a Vigilante Gift Certificate AND a Mark of the Vigilante.
When can you play? We are slotting this as a regular Tuesday event, so bring your friends and come out!