Mario Kart League Updates
Mario Kart Fans! After reviewing Mario Kart League with our attendees at last night’s rally, we are streamlining the format to make it more fun and user friendly!
- All competitors will now be solo, instead of team based. Each week you’ll race in two grand prix, earning points for coming in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in at least one Grand Prix, or a participation point for racing.
- The league will now be quarterly! Our first league will wrap up the last Sunday of March. No need to show up every week: if you arrive, you’ll race!
- We are removing the entry cost and reducing the weekly cost. The event is now the same as all of our game rentals and other events: $3/person, per night.
- We are switching from Double Dash to Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU. 150 CC. Specific Grand Prix (Mushroom, Star, etc.) will be chosen randomly for each Heat (see below) each week. We’ll have two screens going all night: one in the war room and one behind the bar! Additional players will be sat in the social hall, to cheer on the racers!
- Show up for either Heat 1 @ 5pm or Heat 2 @ 7pm. Sign ups are first come, first serve. We have space for up to 24 racers in each heat. Racers will be randomly assigned to Grand Prix.
Heat 1 – 5 PM – 7 PM CST
Heat 2 – 7 PM – 9 PM CST
- Austin Beer Works is sponsoring each week’s event. Earn a gift card for $20 if you win 1st or a free beer for 2nd in your Heat. Winners are determined by points earned in their best Grand Prix. Ties will be broken by a head to head grand prix.
- On your first race, you will be presented with our Mario Kart League score card (at no additional cost). The top racers of each Heat earn punches on their scorecard (and points in our system). You’ll earn a punch based on your best Grand Prix:
1st – Star – 5 points
2nd – Heart – 4 points
3rd – Diamond – 3 points
Participation – Circle – 2 points
- Top point earners will go head to head at the end of each quarter. The winner will get to wear our ridiculous Mario Kart League championship belt for the following quarter.